Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) - Concentration
Students in the Human-Computer Interaction Concentration must take one course in each of the following five areas.
- CS 147. Introduction to Human-Computer Interaction Design
- A project-based course involving a group design or analysis project in human-computer interaction. This can be satisfied by the project courses on Human-Computer Interaction
- Social and psychological aspects
- Empirical methods
- Each quarter, special topics courses are given under CS 377: Topics in Human-Computer Interaction. Topics vary, and these courses can be taken, with approval, to fulfill the requirement above to which the specific topic is appropriate.
- For the latest course offerings related to human-computer interaction, including the CS377 series, see the Stanford HCI website. You may also want to join and view the archives of the HCI Students list.