Students who wish to graduate with a B.S. in Symbolic Systems, must complete the core courses and a five-course concentration, following the general degree policies below.
General Degree Policies
- All courses required for the major must be taken for letter grades, unless an approved course is only offered as satisfactory/no credit.
- All core courses must be passed with a C- or better to complete the major.
- Students who get lower than a C- in a core course should contact the program director or associate director to discuss alternative options.
- The Advanced Small Seminar requirement can be fulfilled by a course taken for one other requirement in either the core or a concentration.
- Courses cannot be used towards more than one area of the core requirements.
- Courses taken to fulfill the concentration requirement may not be double counted with courses taken for the core (except for the Advanced Small Seminar requirement).
Sample Program Schedules
Get Started: How To Declare