- Full Name: Anthony D. Wagner
- Interests: Cognitive neuroscience of memory and cognitive/executive control in young and older adults. Research interests include encoding and retrieval mechanisms; interactions between declarative, nondeclarative, and working memory; forms of cognitive control; neurocognitive aging; functional organization of prefrontal cortex and the medial temporal lobe, assessed by functional MRI, MEG/ERP, and transcranial magnetic stimulation.
- Publications: (1) Badre, D., & Wagner, A. D. (in press). Selection, integration, and conflict monitoring: Assessing the nature and generality of prefrontal cognitive control mechanisms. Neuron. (2) Davachi, L., Mitchell, J. P., & Wagner, A. D. (2003). Multiple routes to memory: Distinct medial temporal lobe processes build item and source memories. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA, 100, 2157-2162. (3) Bunge, S. A., Kahn, I., Wallis, J. D., Miller, E. K., & Wagner, A. D. (2003). Neural circuits subserving the retrieval and maintenance of abstract rules. Journal of Neurophysiology, 90, 3419-3428. (4) Dobbins, I. G., Foley, H., Schacter, D. L., & Wagner, A. D. (2002). Executive control during episodic retrieval: Multiple prefrontal processes subserve source memory. Neuron, 35, 989-996. (5) Davachi, L., & Wagner, A. D. (2002). Hippocampal contributions to episodic encoding: Insights from relational and item-based learning. Journal of Neurophysiology, 88, 982-990. (6) Wagner, A. D., Paré-Blagoev, E. J., Clark, J., & Poldrack, R. A. (2001). Recovering meaning: Left prefrontal cortex guides controlled semantic retrieval. Neuron, 31, 329-338. (7) Wagner, A.D., Koutstaal, W., Maril, A., Schacter, D.L., & Buckner, R.L. (2000). Process-specific repetition priming in left inferior prefrontal cortex. Cerebral Cortex, 10, 1176-1184. (8) Wagner, A.D. (1999). Working memory contributions to human learning and remembering. Neuron, 22, 19-22. (9) Wagner, A.D., Schacter, D.L., Rotte, M., Koutstaal, W., Maril, A., Dale, A.M., Rosen, B.R., & Buckner, R.L. (1998). Building memories: Remembering and forgetting of verbal experiences as predicted by brain activity. Science, 281, 1188-1191.
- Anthony Wagner is a member of:
Anthony Wagner's contact methods:
SymSys related occupations held by Anthony Wagner
Faculty Symsys career 1241:
- Faculty Title: Professor
- Anthony Wagner is currently holding this occupation