Ivan Sag (Sadie Dernham Patek Professor in Humanities in the Department of Linguistics) died this afternoon after a long battle with cancer. He was 63. Ivan was the Director of the Symbolic Systems Program for five years (2000-2001, and 2005-2009) and was a world-renowned researcher and teacher who was dearly loved by many friends and colleagues.
- Update (9/16/2013): Ivan Sag (1949-2013) from The New Sesquipedalian
- Update (10/1/2013): Stanford Daily obituary
- "Stanford Linguistics Professor and Cognitive Scientist Ivan Sag Dies At 63" [Stanford Report]
- "Ivan Sag, 1949-2013" [Language Log]
- "In Memory of Ivan Sag" [Arnold Zwicky's Blog]
- "Obituary: Ivan A. Sag" [MIT Press Journals]
- "The Loss of a Colleague, Rochester Graduate, and Dear Friend: Ivan Andrew Sag (1949-2013)" [Department of Linguistics, University of Rochester]