- Full Name: Anne Fernald
- Interests: First language acquisition, the early development of speech perception abilities and language comprehension, experimental studies of word recognition and speed of linguistic processing by infants and young children, cross-language research on prosody and pragmatics in parent-child interaction.
Fernald, A., Perfors, A., & Marchman, V. A. (2006). Picking up speed in understanding: Speech processing efficiency and vocabulary growth across the 2nd year. Developmental Psychology, 42, 98-116.
Thorpe, K. & Fernald, A. (2006). Knowing what a novel word is not: Two-year-olds “listen through” ambiguous adjectives in fluent speech. Cognition, 100: 389–433.
Fernald, A. & Hurtado, N. (2006). Names in frames: Infants interpret words in sentence frames faster than words in isolation. Developmental Science, 9: F33 – F40.
Hurtado, N., Marchman, V.A., & Fernald, A. (2007). Spoken word recognition by Latino children learning Spanish as their first language. Journal of Child Language, 37: 227 – 249.
Lew-Williams, C. & Fernald, A. (2007). Young children learning Spanish make rapid use of grammatical gender in spoken word recognition. Psychological Science, 18: 193 – 198.
Zangl, R. & Fernald, A. (2007). Increasing flexibility in children’s online processing of grammatical and nonce determiners in fluent speech.. Language Learning and Development, 3: 199 – 231.
- Anne Fernald is a member of:
- Anne Fernald's contact methods:
SymSys related occupations held by Anne Fernald
Faculty Symsys career 786:
- Faculty Title: Associate Professor
- Anne Fernald is currently holding this occupation