It is with great sadness that we report to you the sudden and tragic death of Clifford I. Nass (The Thomas More Storke Professor of Communication and Professor, by courtesy, of Sociology, of Computer Science, of Education and of Law) . Cliff was a stalwart of our program who taught and advised many Symbolic Systems students. He was also a member of our Program Committee. His boundless passion, enthusiasm, and great wisdom wil be sorely missed by all.
There is a wonderful piece about Cliff in today's Stanford Report.
- Memories of Cliff Nass
- "A Force for Face-to-Face Communication" [NY Times Blog]
- "Clifford Nass, Who Warned of a Data Deluge, Dies At 55" [New York Times]
- "Stanford Mourning Death of Professor Clifford Nass" [San Jose Mercury News]
- "Clifford Nass Dies at 55; Sociologist Warned Against Multitasking" [Los Angeles Times]
- "Clifford Nass, Communication Professor, Dies at 55" [Stanford Daily]