Summer Internship Program
The Symbolic Systems Summer Internship Program allows students who will be continuing their undergraduate study to work as research assistants on projects defined by Symbolic Systems faculty.
The Internship Program is made possible through a combination of external research grants to faculty and a Departmental Grant to the Symbolic Systems Program from the Vice Provost for Undergradaute Education (VPUE).
Some internships may also include part-time "pre-internships" during the Spring Quater. These may be done for credit (e.g. under SYMSYS 196 (Independent Study) or for pay if the faculty supervisor has funds available to pay the student.
Only Stanford University undergraduates may apply. Priority is given to students who have declared a major in Symbolic Systems.
Pay and Commitment
- Internships come with a stipend of $7,500.
- The 10 week summer internships run from the end of June to the end of August each year (40 hours/week). In addition to their project duties, interns will be expect to:
- Attend special events for all interns during the summer quarter
- Submit evaluations to VPUE by the deadline at the end of summer
- Participate in a student poster session at the beginning of Fall Quarter.
How to Apply
Please apply using the Submittable system for collecting student application materials for the Summer Internship Program.